Sunday, November 30, 2008

Pizzels

Pizzelles are a recently added tradition to my holiday baking. I was introduced to them through my Great Aunt Julia who made this cookie for her Italian husband. She made them most of her married life. Fifteen years ago when I moved to the town where she lives she introduced me to these cookies and I've made every year since! Now I enjoy making them with my friends for the cookie bake, two who are Italian and get a few extras!

*Note: You must use a pizzelle iron to make these cookies

Ingredients

6 eggs
3 1/2 c flour
1 1/2 c sugar
1 c butter, melted and cooled
4 t baking powder
2 T vanilla or anise

In large bowl, beat eggs, adding sugar gradually, until mixture is smooth.
Add cooled butter and vanilla.
In another bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and then add to egg mixture.
Dough will be sticky enough to be dropped by spoon.

Makes 60

No comments: