Sunday, November 30, 2008

Next Sat. will be my annual cookie bake! I think it might be the eigth one! Looking back through some of the photos (I'll have to see about posting some) it is so much fun to see how we all have changed and to remember all the fun we had baking.
This year we will be making pizzels, spritz, buckeyes and sugar cookies. To figure out the amount of ingredients I will need, I took each recipe and wrote down the ingredients that are needed for each. Then, besides each ingredient, I wrote what what needed for each recipe.
Example:
Eggs 3+2+6
Sugar (in cups) 1+2+1
Flour 4+3+2+2
10X 2+4+1+4
Vanilla (in table spoons) 1+2+1+1+1
and so on for the other ingredients. Then I add each up and verify I have the quantity of each ingredient that will be needed to fulfill the needed quantity. Of course, I add up to make sure there is extra for any errors.

Up next: The Recipes

No comments: